Cash Flow » Bills
1. How do I adjust my list of upcoming bills?
The Upcoming Bills on your Home page come from your own past transactions.
If a transaction is assigned to one of these categories, we thought it might be a bill payment:
- Maid Servant
- School van
- Apartment maintenance
- Electricity Bill
- Water bill
- Landline bill
- Mobile phone bill
- Property Tax
- Doctor consultation
Then we added 30 days to each one, gave it a Monthly frequency, and added it to your Upcoming Transactions list.
You'll probably need to make changes to them, but they should give you a head start.
- From the upper-right of your Home page, click your account balance.
- In the Upcoming Transactions list, go ahead and change any details about the bills that you do expect to pay.
- For each transaction that you don't expect to pay, select it and click Delete.
Then, select Delete All Future to delete the entire series of upcoming transactions that we set up to repeat monthly. Or, select Delete This One to delete only this first instance of it (this will leave the upcoming transaction on your list; it will just switch to next month's date).
- If there are any more bills you plan to pay, click Add to set up each one.
- When you write the cheque, enter the Cheque # so that the transaction will match when it clears.
Hint: When each of your actual transactions clear, we can't always match it with its upcoming transaction. The match is important for keeping your How much can I spend? amount accurate. So, to improve the changes of a correct match, please follow these guidelines when adding a new upcoming transaction:
- Enter the correct Cheque # if it's a cheque.
- Choose a Payee from the list that opens when you start typing.
- Choose a Date the same or earlier than the date the actual transaction will clear.
- Enter an Amount close to what you'll pay.
- Click Save.
Why do I sometimes see a section called Transactions Not Yet Cleared?
Sometimes it takes a few days for your upcoming transactions to actually clear your bank and affect your balance. So, if an upcoming transaction is dated in the past (so it's no longer upcoming), but still hasn't cleared, we'll move it to a holding tank called Transactions Not Yet Cleared.
If these are transactions that we just failed to match, or that won't happen for some reason, just go to the Upcoming Transactions list for the account and delete them.
back to top
2. Is there a possibility of double-counting uncleared transactions?
Can my RealBalance be inaccurate?
Yes. It can be inaccurate only when a transaction is counted twice in Money Manager.
This happens when:
- The bank includes the "pending" transaction, and
- You enter the same transaction under Upcoming Transactions. You might be tempted to enter the pending transaction because we don't gather your pending transactions into Money Manager.
For example, suppose you make a Rs.200.00 purchase with your debit card. In case the bank treats the transaction as pending for the first day or so, but decreases your balance by Rs.200.00 immediately, then double-counting could occur.
Because you won't see the actual Rs. 200.00 expense listed here in Money Manager, you might add it under Upcoming Transactions. This means your RealBalance would be artificially lowered by Rs.200.00.
back to top